In This Issue...
Your book is written—or almost written.
But now what?
It’s easy to throw money at getting your book published, if money is no object.
You can hire…
- professional editors to turn mediocre manuscripts into something praiseworthy
- book launch specialists to maximize sales
- social media mavens to grow followers.
But if you’re a new author with limited resources, those may not be options.
Based on questions we received after recording videos for TikTok, Instagram and YouTube, we’ve tackled that question.
Gena’s article on 4 Tips for Turning Followers into Fans will give you things you can do TODAY to cultivate fans.
Also check out what Chris learned this week in TIL (Today I Learned). Anyone who knows Chris knows he’s a learner. He’s also a big believer in simplicity and what he learned this week will take your platform up a level.
Also check out the new poll at the end of this newsletter. Vote on a topic you want us to cover in an upcoming issue.
Until next time, keep believing in yourself and your message. And always, keep writing!
In this issue:
- 4 Tips for Turning Followers into Fans
- The Distracted Writer's Guide to Manufacturing Self Discipline
- Definitive Word Count for Novels and Children's Books
- And FOR ONE WEEK ONLY: The KidLit Creators Super Stack is BACK! Get $2200 worth of children's book training and resources for only $49!
Supercharge Your Author Platform with These Things We've Learned:
Creating Author Videos
- Want better quality audio on your iphone videos for YouTube, Instagram and TikTok? Grab this gadget at Amazon and you can hook up a studio microphone to your iphone.
- They make teleprompers for webcams! This is going to improve our TikToks...
- This company has made it super-easy to hire a virtual assistant. We put in our first ad for help this week. Feel overloaded? Maybe it's time you hire an author's assistant, too.
- Want to set up your author page on Pinterest, but can't figure out where to start? These folks will do it for you for as little as $35!
- SocialBee, our favorite social media posting app, just added the ability to post on your Instagram comments, and now has native Instagram posting. Yay!
- PS If you try SocialBee, let Chris know and he'll send you a FREE link to his popular teaching on How to Build a Social Media Marketing Machine in 21 Days. Use code MOMENTUM20 to lock in 20% off Socialbee for life.
In Case You Missed It
Here are some of our most popular articles in case you missed them...they're even worth checking out again!