In This Issue...
Your book is written—or almost written.
But now what?
It’s easy to throw money at getting your book published, if money is no object.
You can hire…
- professional editors to turn mediocre manuscripts into something praiseworthy
- book launch specialists to maximize sales
- social media mavens to grow followers.
But if you’re a new author with limited resources, those may not be options.
Based on questions we received after recording videos for TikTok, Instagram and YouTube, we’ve tackled that question.
Gena’s article on 4 Tips for Turning Followers into Fans will give you things you can do TODAY to cultivate fans.
Also check out what Chris learned this week in TIL (Today I Learned). Anyone who knows Chris knows he’s a learner. He’s also a big believer in simplicity and what he learned this week will take your platform up a level.
Also check out the new poll at the end of this newsletter. Vote on a topic you want us to cover in an upcoming issue.
Until next time, keep believing in yourself and your message. And always, keep writing!
In this issue:
- 4 Tips for Turning Followers into Fans
- The Distracted Writer's Guide to Manufacturing Self Discipline
- Definitive Word Count for Novels and Children's Books
- And FOR ONE WEEK ONLY: The KidLit Creators Super Stack is BACK! Get $2200 worth of children's book training and resources for only $49!
4 Tips for Turning Followers Into Fans
Don’t focus on followers; turn followers into fans. That was the message of a recent social media video we produced. Viewers immediately posed the question: “How?” And we answered.
The Distracted Writer's Guide to Manufacturing Self Discipline
Humorist Shel Harrington gives real-life solutions for writers who want to write, but can always find something easier and more entertaining to do. If you can relate, you'll enjoy this chuckle-worthy look at life in the writing trenches.
Definitive Word Count for Novels and Children's Books
Is your novel too short, too long or just right? How about your children's book? Here's a great article that will give you the answer.
The BEST Value in Children's Book Training & Resources is BACK!
Y'all know we love good deals ... well, if you're ready to knock-out your children's book, check out this stack--back for ONE WEEK ONLY!
✔ Lifetime access to 23+ comprehensive ecourses, ebooks, workbooks, masterclasses and training programs designed to help you plan, write, illustrate, edit, and publish your kid’s book no matter your expertise or level. If you have a kid’s story to write, these top industry tools and resources will show you how to create the children’s book of your dreams with the know-how and confidence of a professional.
✔ Exclusive access to Chris' COMPLETE Children's Writing Super System online training series. You'll learn how to plot, create character arcs, and keep your readers reading until the end. It also includes how to create a killer proposal for both picture books and books for older kids. We normally sell this for $99 alone...now get it as part of this exclusive deal.
✔ 6 months access to Children’s Book Illustration with Ryan McCabe. No matter your skill level, you’ll learn step-by-step from a professional artist and illustrator how to plan and illustrate your children's book and bring it to life.
✔ Instant access to workshops, communities, templates, blueprints, workbooks, coaching, and more worth over $2,200 ...
Take a sneak peak inside to see everything you get. You won't believe the price!! (It's $49 just in case you were curious...)
Supercharge Your Author Platform with These Things We've Learned:
Creating Author Videos
- Want better quality audio on your iphone videos for YouTube, Instagram and TikTok? Grab this gadget at Amazon and you can hook up a studio microphone to your iphone.
- They make teleprompers for webcams! This is going to improve our TikToks...
- This company has made it super-easy to hire a virtual assistant. We put in our first ad for help this week. Feel overloaded? Maybe it's time you hire an author's assistant, too.
- Want to set up your author page on Pinterest, but can't figure out where to start? These folks will do it for you for as little as $35!
- SocialBee, our favorite social media posting app, just added the ability to post on your Instagram comments, and now has native Instagram posting. Yay!
- PS If you try SocialBee, let Chris know and he'll send you a FREE link to his popular teaching on How to Build a Social Media Marketing Machine in 21 Days. Use code MOMENTUM20 to lock in 20% off Socialbee for life.
In Case You Missed It
Here are some of our most popular articles in case you missed them...they're even worth checking out again!